19 November 2013

My little houses

I've been busy making houses for Ange in this month's Stitch Tease Bee.   Oh and I've had great fun!
First is Elizabeth Hartmann's pattern Neighbourhood, from her book Modern Patchwork

Ange specifically requested a character in the windows/door.  I don't have much in my stash with cute characters on, but I found a little birdie!  I love this pink and grey combination, and will definitely use it again.
The second block is a bit busier yhan the first.  I used this pattern and got down to a little paper piecing


It was quite an easy pattern, but it did take quite a while to make.  I appliqued a matryoshka doll in the doorway, and yes I did give her eyes , nose and mouth, but after I took the picture.  I'll leave it up to you to work out the story of the little girl in the upstairs window!
This was a great idea for a bee block.  It was a pleasure to make, and will make a wonderful quilt I know.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks, I like the occupants of the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a Babushka! It looks so stinking cute.

    Both these blocks are going to make adorable additions to the overall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks. And the girls is obviously a prisoner, held against her will by the matrushka, and is signalling for help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both fab blocks, and I love them! Susan clearly has a wild imagination like you, I just figured she was opening the blind in the morning!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought she was just opening the blind too! Fab, I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love house blocks and I especially like yours. What a fabulous job you did on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting blocks Dianne - the upstairs window is either a cry for help or she is putting the blind up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you added 'features' or there would be nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty. When you pointed out the girl upstairs I got something else on mind than putting the blind up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blocks turned out lovely. ANge will have one cute quilt when they are all received

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely addition to the 'block' I'm with you on the challenge of finding window occupants!

    ReplyDelete