24 December 2013

A Chtistmas day out

Yesterday we had a day out in Brno.  We started by going back to the hotel where we had our Christmas party, to reclaim the un-opened bottles of wine that the hotel would not refund us! Then we got a bit lost getting back into the city centre, and lo and behold, we found ourselves very close to the only decent fabric shop in the area!   They only stock Makower fabrics, and I knew they had the new "Henna" range in.  It is absolutley gorgeous - the colours are like jewels and the fabric is so smooth and almost has a shimmer to it, it is that soft.   I'm afraid I couldn't resist.


The green is for the back of my stitch tease quilt, the pink is the binding. 

We then went on into the city to the Christmas market





After that, we walked up to the Annapurna restaurant for a curry

In England, all towns, and even many villages have at least one curry restaurant, so we take it for granted.  In czech, they are pretty rare, so this was a real Christmas treat for us!

And then to top off the day, we went to see the second part of the Hobbit.  It was the first 3D film I've ever watched, and I was not too thrilled with it. It made be feel slightly sick, and I felt I needed to sit much, much further away.  The film itself was pretty good though.

So that's it for me now.  I'm shutting off my computer for a couple of days, so I'll wish you a Merry Christmas and all that jazz!


9 comments:

  1. how lucky that you found your way to the fabric shop xx Phew how awful it would have been to misss that fabric .. because it is beautiful x Have a wonderful Christmas and keep warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays!! Henna is gorgeous isn't it!? And I totally agree with you on the 3D films - not for me - they hurt my eyes and yes I have felt sick too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a happy dance at the pics of Brno! (I was there a few years back.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day, despite the movie queasiness. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLMAO at Gordon in the antlers :oD (Are you sure you didn't drink the wine to get you lost? ;o) )

    Merry Christmas to you both :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Diane and Happy NEW Year! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like the best day. I've never seen a 3d film yet. I think you've put me off. Gordon's a sport wearing the antlers in public!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to go to a European Christmas market. Germany and Austria come to mind as my first choices. I hope you two had a Merry Merry! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm tempted by Henna too, they're my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete