18 December 2013

Hello Dolly

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 
A couple of weeks ago, Gordon came home from his Czech lesson with a doll.

And instructions from our freind, Lenni, to make some clothes for it!  Lenni thinks that, as I make quilts, I can make dolls clothes.  Well, there's a first for everything, so I trawled the 'net for some free patterns, and managed to make a few things.

A strappy summer dress

A little top teamed with either a gathered skirt

Or made more casual with a pair of leggings
All very simple, both to make and to use.   The top is reversible, with a litttle sweetheart neckline, but after I'd sewn the two pieces together, I realised it wasn't big enough around the bottom.   I had no more fabric, and it was too nice to throw away, so I put a popper at the top where the back closed, and called it a cross-over!
It ruches up nicely, and no-one would ever know it wasn't intentional!

So all I've got to do is take up the hem on a pair of trousers for himself (he's been waiting and moaning for a good two weeks now) then I'm going to do some Christmas stitching for me

It probably won't be finished before Christmas, but I'll have it ready for next year!


5 comments:

  1. Adorable doll clothes, you did a terrific job, your Christmas stitching project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at the doll clothes stage yet. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been that 'dressmaker' Still, I shouldn't complain, that's how I accidentally found quilting when I went looking for patterns lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who doesn't know how to make clothes I think you did a darn fine job! Miss Dolly looks very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos for dolly dressing - I would have told feigned complete and utter incompetence (not hard for me!) xxx

    ReplyDelete