01 December 2013

Fresh Sewing Day

I have been a bit quiet around blog land for the past couple of weeks, as we've been away on holiday.  The internet connection was a bit temperamental, so not much computer time for me, which to be honest was quite blissful!  I scheduled a few posts before I went, and thanks for all your comments, even though I couldn't answer most of them. We were in Gambia, which is where we went last year, so I won't bore you with too many photos.  It is an amazing place that absolutely bombards the senses every time you step out of the door.  Photos just can't do it justice.

The centre photo of the three girls is probably the photo of the holiday.  Having received Lu Summer's book, Improv Quilts just before we went away, this photo may be an inspiration for a new quilt.

Even though I was away during November, I did get a  fair amount done

2 house blocks for Angie in our Stitch Tease Bee, and an extra 2 blocks for my quilt in the same bee,

Trading Cards received and sent. Giant Zig Zag quilt finished, and a little holiday EPPing

December is not a hectic time for us, like it is for many of you, mainly because we have no children, and Gordon is a bit of a humbug too. (Yes Katy, can you believe that?)  Now the garden is put to bed, and the cold weather has arrived, I expect to be able to get some serious sewing room time in.   Famous last words!

I still have 4 things left on my Q4 FAL list, 3 of which are large quilts, so they won't all get done for sure, but I'm aiming to get two done.  We'll see!

Linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day.
 

 

14 comments:

  1. A busy month all round what with going off on your hols too, thx for my blocks, they're lovely, and enjoy your sewing time in December :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look glorious and great bee blocks! Love the epp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the sewing, and too bad Gordon is a humbug. But sewing in the dark of winter sounds perfect and good luck with those finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A humbug? Gordon? Shocker! ;o) Says she with about 10 Christmas ornaments to her name *ahem*

    Looks like a fab holiday anyway, and great makes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh humbug although atm being one seems to be a fab idea, love the zig zag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic blocks for the bee girls. You really do get around dont you - Gambi\? I never would have thought to go there on holiday but it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had awesome holidays, Di! And sewing-wise I looooove that giant chevron quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to have you back - the photos of Gambia look fabulous!! I shall think of you being all calm and composed while I'm running around for the next month like a chicken with its head cut off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh we were on the same continent! Gorgeous photos and lovely makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photos of your time away.
    The blocks are lovely and your quilt is going to be amazing.
    Give Mr Humbug a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great holiday and some lovely finishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos and lovely Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you sure do see a lot of this earth in twelve months! Great photos. Hope you get a lot of sewing in this month.

    ReplyDelete