21 December 2013

Winding down

Well that's it, we've finished work now until January.  We've done our partying



The food shopping is all done, and with the exception of a present for Gordon (I'm contemplating making him a cushion!) we're ready for santa.    The tree is up
We went for one of those toilet brush type trees this year.  Mmmm... not sure
I've had a go at making a couple of wreaths

They wouldn't win any prizes, but they didn't cost anything, and they look natural.

And my dresser has been pimped up for Christmas
 I saw Lynne's dresser all decked out for Christmas last year, and decided to make more of an effort in future! Here's a little close up of my owl bunting.

The fabrics a bit naff - I made them a couple of years ago, before I discovered "nice" Christmas fabric - but I'm not re-making them!
We're having a smeg-out day today, but may walk down into town this afternoon for a coffee and to see if anything is going on.   There might even be some sewing time!  Hope you are all enjoying the build up to Christmas and not getting too stressed!

11 comments:

  1. Oh you *have* to make him a cushion. And then take photos for us to all see his reaction :oD

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bunting, it is so cute. I am glad to hear you are partying and now resting for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that owl bunting is adorable. Merry Christmas to you and Gordon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wreaths you created. This whole post is wonderful. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your natural garlands look great, as does the dresser. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the owl bunting. I turned my 'pre modern' Christmas fabrics in Christmas napkins today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, gotta give Gordy a cushion, no question!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your owl bunting is gorgeous!

    A cushion sounds like the perfect gift to me...I double dare you!

    I put the tree up this year- whacked a Santa on my front door and called it done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely time the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe I love your humour. Gordon deserves a cushion! I hope you did it? Merry Christmas. We've had a lovely day here in Oz with my family. Time for bed now!

    ReplyDelete