01 January 2014

And so Farewell 2013



It was a good year for us in the main.  We had happy holidays, visits from friends and family, the garden gets better each year, and we were connected to mains sewerage (it doesn't get any better than that. let me tell you!)  We both semi-retired in January, and in spite of this (or maybe because of!) the business continues to do well. 

My semi-retirement means I have had a lot more time to sew, although I still remain one of life's slow sewers

Looking back over the year, here are my favourite photos, month by month

JANUARY

Happy Yummy quilt for my great niece in Australia
FEBRUARY
Mod Pod made for myeself
The paddy fields of Vietnam
MARCH
And still it snowed!

APRIL
Tulips
Siblings Together
MAY
Wild floweres in Lednice Park         


JUNE

Flowers from my garden

JULY
Stitch Tease made for me!
Mr Quiltova and Mr Romance at the FQR in London
AUGUST
Blue Lagoon made for friends Mark and Rose
SEPTEMBER
Circa 1934 for our friend Lenka and her family at Christmas
OCTOBER

Happy Go Lucky for our colleagues daughter
NOVEMBER
Giant Chevron
DECEMBER
Santa's little helper
So here's to 2014, may it be a good year for all.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant photos Di! I particularly like the last one - the lurking reindeer! (Wonder what the Czechs made of that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos Di! I particularly like the last one - the lurking reindeer! (Wonder what the Czechs made of that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was certainly a good year for you and Gordon. We loved meeting you in London and the Mr's man trip will be forever a great holiday for paul. Love you friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful year, you could make those photos into a calendar! I love the tulips, if I could grow them like that I would plant several thousand. But the bunnies eat them in the city and deer in the country. I am looking forward to seeing what inspiration you share this new year, and I wonder where you will travel off to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I don't know how you can be a slow sewer having been hooked up to the mains... (sorry, couldn't resist!)

    Glad you had a fab year, and that semi-retirement was so good to you and Santa's Little Helper :oD

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you can call yourself a slow sewer when you have all those fabulous quilts to show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use monthly pictures to tell the story of your year Di. Love all that quilty goodness. Semi retirement seems to suit you ...it meant you got plenty of sewing time in!

    That rice paddy bought back some great memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year, Di! May it bring joy and peace to you and Mr. Reindeer!
    xx
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo round up Di. I didn't know you had semi retired in January! Do you still own the business in Czech and remain involved in its running?

    ReplyDelete