20 January 2014

Cozy

Gordon and I don't bother much with Christmas presents, but when I saw this I thought it would make a useful little stocking filler for him


Gordon spends hours in the garage.  His current pass-time is mending bikes.  He bought a couple of bargain bikes from the local bazar (second hand shop) and he's taught himself to service them with the help of youtube.  We now have two visitors bikes, so we don't have to hire them, and a third one which he bought for around thirty quid including a bike bag, helmet and water bottle!  Once he's repaired this, he will probably sell it again.  He won't make much money, but he'll have had hours of fun.  Unfortunately my requests for new seed boxes and a light box seem to have been bumped down the list!  But I digress.  I thought the mug would be good for taking a coffee out to the garage - it does get rather cold when it's freezing outside, and also it makes it look like I haven't forgotten him!  But the problem is, it is extremely hot, so I made it a little mug cozy

I used this tutorial to make it, and super easy it was too. Now I can carry it and he can drink it without getting burnt.  Nice moustache fabric, but possibly not the best choice as it is already covered in gunk and stuff - although I admit the baked bean juice was my fault! Possibly I need to make another gunk-coloured one

But beware of mug cozies - they are a nice little haven for sleepy wasps and they might just sting you - ask Gordon!

12 comments:

  1. Just shows how dangerous a cuppa can be!! Good wee project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good .. I think I will avoid them if a wasp is going to visit though xx lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty cool, love the fabric, maybe a black one next to hid the crap/gunk :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cosy not so keen on the wasp issue!! Poor Gordon! Would love some bikes for our B&B rooms but nowhere to store them & insurance would probably go up, so oh well.
    I have to try some of these mug holders, have had them in mind for years. Think it will be my procrastination project for this year. LOL
    Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just too funny...and write out your "Honey Do List" and tack it to his wall when you bring out his next cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have found a practical use for all the brown fabrics of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hide some of the bike parts so he has to do your stuff first?

    Love the mug cozy and I really have to get myself one of those cool coffee mugs for work ...it looks huge. A cup of coffee can never be large enough as far as Im concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh, wasps are meant to be hibernating this time of year, hope Gordon gave it a stern talking to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you a clever bird. But oh a wasp sting. Poor Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking maybe you should also get him a little portable heater if it is cold but then it cannot be that cold if a wasp was awake enough to climb into his coffee cozy and then sting him. I get stung by the wasps that hide in the sprayer nozzle on my garden hose in the summer as they are looking for water, so I can totally sympathize with stings to the hand. I do love the little cozy.

    ReplyDelete