21 February 2014

Bury me in a Y-shaped coffin

Weekend Doings


My friend Carol was staying with us this week, and asked us if we would teach her to ski.  It's on her bucket list, and for some bizarre reason, she thought we would be the best people to approach.    I'd forgotten just how hard it is to learn, and how exhausting it is! 

Just to make the moment perfect, when Carol was upside down in the snow for the millionth time, my czech friend Lenka skied over and asked Carol

"Would you like a radish?"

I can't remember last time I laughed as much.








10 comments:

  1. *snort* Is the czech word for radish similar to something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor friend! It's the only way to learn:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You got me with that blog post title :) Hope you had tons of fun and that you all came home healthy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Radish have magical properties to assist you to stay upright?

    I cant ski either...and dont want to learn . All that falling down must be incredibly frustrating....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there was me thinking you'd been battling y-seams, this seems even more painful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I gave up skiing. I value my life too much. I was in the ground more than on my feet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! I love skiing, it's my favourite holiday. And there was me also thinking you were tackling Y-seams

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been hysterical at that point and had you all in stitches! Cheers for your friend learning something new, and to you for helping!

    ReplyDelete