24 April 2014

And another one

Hot on the heals of the last Christmas Cushion, I give you

Christmas Cushion 2 - the sequel
I actually prefer this one to the first.  For this one, I pieced the hexies into a big square, and added a small border of Kona Putty.  Then I quilted up and down alternate rows, and around the edge

 The back is also far less hectic!


And the two  together.



They can go in the cupboard now, and wait for Christmas, which incidentally is only 244 days away!

And this is my third finish for the Q2 FAL. Hoorah!

Finish Along 2014

14 comments:

  1. We're counting down already?! Great binding choice on this one and lovely hand stitching! You're really cracking on with that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll now! What's next- a tree skirt, table runner, Christmas stockings??

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I always knw you were one of those high achiever types!! (It's amazing what you get done when the husband is away, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet G just did a little happy dance... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 Christmas pillows in one quarter. That's a record. But aren't you off vacationing somewhere fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organized or what! Fab cushions..and yes, Gordon will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!! I would never have thought of making Christmas hexies, but they work so well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab, Gordon must be anxiously awaiting the Christmas season so he can throw these off the sofa!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable, you should link them up to http://celticthistlestitches.blogspot.gr/2014/04/ho-ho-ho-and-on-we-sew-april-link-party.html and Insights from Sew Cal Gal Christmas linky party

    ReplyDelete
  10. These will be so fun to pull out next December!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both, but there really is something delightfully appealing about this last finish. I'm nominating you for the person most likely to work their way through their FAL list for this quarter. You're like a lean mean finishing machine !

    ReplyDelete