17 April 2014

At last - a Finish

You've not seen a finished item on this blog for a while, so lets dive in.....

 

I have finally finished my Euro Siblings Together quilt.  Hot on the heels of the British Siblings Together Bee, a group of us based in Europe decided to pitch in too, and make 12 quilts for this great charity.  I went first, way back in May last year, and asked for a Linoleum Block in orange, turquoise and green.  Here's my first block
All my blocks came in quickly, but then I have been putting off making the quilt - you know what it's like when you have lots of time!  But at last it's finished


Not a terribly good photo of the quilt, but Liska wanted to be in on the photo shoot

As did Ted
I managed to find some lovely soft, good quality  fabric locally for the back and binding


I wanted to keep the quilting simple, so that the quilt stays soft and drapey, so I quilted along the crosses in a wiggly pattern, then around the white lozenges, using a bright orange Aurifil thread (2150).  You can see it makes a nice pattern on the back.


Thanks to all the ladies in the Euro Siblings Together who contributed their time, skill and fabric to make this quilt.  You can see the other blocks and quilts if you go over to the flickr page, and if you want to know more about the Siblings Together Charity, you can read about it here .



12 comments:

  1. Love the patterns this block makes. A wonderful contribution to Siblings Together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Totally agree with Susan, that's a great block and you've made a lovely quilt for a great cause x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay for a finish, and it is a lovely one too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect quilt that a child will treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh lovely - it turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I knew you'd remember how eventually ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go You on a Finish! And what a lovely finish it is. I think the quilting is perfect and that backing is a great match for the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, Di! This block is lovely and I think I might make a quilt like that one day (I say that with all the blocks I see).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out terrific! Now I need to to mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of this quilt and you've found a perfect backing for it.

    ReplyDelete