I have finally finished my Euro Siblings Together quilt. Hot on the heels of the British Siblings Together Bee, a group of us based in Europe decided to pitch in too, and make 12 quilts for this great charity. I went first, way back in May last year, and asked for a Linoleum Block in orange, turquoise and green. Here's my first block
Not a terribly good photo of the quilt, but Liska wanted to be in on the photo shoot
I wanted to keep the quilting simple, so that the quilt stays soft and drapey, so I quilted along the crosses in a wiggly pattern, then around the white lozenges, using a bright orange Aurifil thread (2150). You can see it makes a nice pattern on the back.
Thanks to all the ladies in the Euro Siblings Together who contributed their time, skill and fabric to make this quilt. You can see the other blocks and quilts if you go over to the flickr page, and if you want to know more about the Siblings Together Charity, you can read about it here .