Gordon is away in England for a couple of weeks, leaving me on my own, totally responsible for the dogs, the garden, the pool (heaven help me if it's cloudy when he gets back), and worst of all, feeding myself. I did make a rather good mushroom risotto the other night though, something that Gordon would never eat, so we never cook it. It's also one of the few things I actually enjoy cooking.
When I have done all my "chores", I am getting in loads of sewing time. I have finished my 16 patch quilt, but it's so big, I can't really get any photos without a willing helper to hold it! I have also finished my Euro Siblings Together quilt. I have photographed that, but will blog about that later.
The main focus has been on getting the Love Beads quilt top finished. Despite having cut the stripey fabric in two different direcions
This meant that I had to re-use the wrong diamonds for the side half diamonds. By cutting them in half plus an extra 1/2 inch, I have just managed to squeeze them in. They aren't quite right, but I do have a 1/4 seam allowance - just!
So I have now cut everything, and pieced all the strips. It looks a bit messy because it doesn't quite fit on my design wall (and the strips kept falling off)
You may ask why this post is called Diamond Falls. Well I didn't much like the name "Love Beads" . It didn't speak to me, as they say. But the pattern does make me think of a waterfall, hence Diamond Falls.
Well I'm off now to do MORE cooking (Steak and jacket potatoes tonight) Hope everyone is having a good weekend!