19 May 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festiva Part 2


AmysCreativeSide.com
My second entry in the Bloggers quilt festival is the quilt I made for my sister for her birthday


I took inspiration from some of the colours and designs selected by my fellow bloggers in the Stitch Tease bee for their months as Queen Bee.   I combined oranges/reds/yellows and pinks
with low volume fabrics to make 16 patch blocks, which I then alternated with plain blocks of Kona Putty.  I took this idea from the Postage Stamp Baby Quilt in "LIberty Love"

I backed it with a flouncy pink flower fabric and quilted it with straight diagonal lines, which left the quilt with a beautiful drape.  I bound it with a pale grey zig zag print.
I delivered the quilt to my sister by hand last month (she lives in Portugal) and was able to get some cracking pictures.  I called the quilt "Paraiso", which means Paradise and is the name of their house.   Thankfully she was thrilled with it!

There are a few more photos if you go back to my original post.  It's a good job there are so many photos in the post, because it would seem I have managed to delete all of the photos I took off my computer.  Not sure how, and I don't think they are still on the camera either.  Last chance will be my deleted box!

I am entering the quilt in the Large Quilt Category, as it measure 78" x 84".  If you are visiting from the Bloggers Quilt Festival, thanks for taking the time, and please leave a comment



7 comments:

  1. Nice to see this one again! I love the colours and the simple straight line quilting is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh look that this quilt has and I hope your sister is enjoying it in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is one of my favourites . It has an old world vintage feel but you gave it such a modern twist by using a colour other than white for the background of the blocks.

    Nice to see a second entry from you Di!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is very pretty, too, and I love that you chose putty instead of a white for the background! It adds so much warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. It is beautiful! I love the contrast of the pretty floral pinks with the kona putty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know I love this one. You did a great job and I know your sister is thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  7. preciosa !!!!
    se ve con luz y claridad
    su hermana sera feliz con ella
    saludos

    ReplyDelete