I set myself quite a task for the Q2 FAL - 10 finishes, which was a bit unrealistic after a big fat ZERO finishes in Q1. But I had a really good start, and whilst I slowed down in July, I managed to finish 6 of them. So I am a lot happier with myself!
I have already blogged all but one of these, so if you're visiting my blog for the first time, you can follow the links if you want to read more about them. If you've read them before, I won't be boring you to death!
1. Stitch Tease 2 - FINISHED
2. Euro Siblings Together - FINISHED
3. AND 4 - Christmas Cushions 1 and Christmas Cushion 2 - FINISHED and waiting for Christmas
5. Love Beads - NOT FINISHED but basted and ready for quilting
6. Cardigan - FINISHED
- NOT FINISHED I hate this so much, I don't want to finish it. But I have offered it to my SIL for the church fete, so I really should
8. Baby Boy quilt - NOT FINISHED, but progressing
9. Ad infinitum - NOT FINISHED in fact they have taken a backwards step, as I had sewn them together, but pulled them apart again to use the fabric on the baby boy quilt!
This is the one I have not blogged about, but it was finished for his birthday. He had an apron that was made for him by his mum about 15 years ago, and was a little the worst for wear. So I bought some Fabric from IKEA, and used the old one as a template to make a new one. This is probably the easiest thing I'll ever make!
He said he was pleased, but I don't think it's been worn since!
So that's a big fat 6/10 this quarter. It feels good to have cleared a few things from the sewing room, and I'm sticking to my "not starting something new till I've finished the rest" rule, although the effort is nearly killing me! However, I have joined The Big Stitch Swap, so I can legitimately start something new for that!
Here's the link to the Q2 FAL linky party over at Katy's, and there are some really good tutorials this week too, so you should go check them out.