27 September 2014

Hello again

Well I guess summers over now - the pool heater is off and the last of the visitors have gone home, We've had a busy summer and I'm really having trouble getting together my enthusiasm for blogging, so maybe just a few words, and lots of photos might get me back into the swing of it.

We had a couple of weeks away in August - truly the "holiday of a lifetime" - on Safari in Tanzania.  The first few days were spent in relative luxury in the Selous game reserve
The second week was a bit more "back to basics" - a walking safari in the Ruhua Game Reserve.  We had no electricity, and no other people for a good few miles.  It was scarey at first, especially getting up to go to our outdoor toilet in the night, where a lion and her cubs had been playing only a few nights before!  But after a couple of days, we were old hands!  And nothing beats showering (and sitting on the toilet) watching the elephants go by!
We saw so many birds and animals, you wouldn't believe, but being within 5 metres of a lion, or 15 metres of a charging elephant, will be hard to forget.   

Loved the giraffes
and saw some beautiful birds
But my favourites had to be the zebras, for their comedy value

Oi, wot you lookin at?
However my favourite moment wasn't animal related.  Lunch in the river on the last day
 And yes, Gordon did get a wet bum, but he couldn't have cared less!!

So hopefully, this is me back to blogging.  I've finished a few things whilst I've been away, but that's for another day.  For now, I have to walk the dogs, then I've got some tables to assemble.

Have a good weekend

17 comments:

  1. welcome back! holiday looked amazing. Lunch 'in' a river is a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such beautiful photos, I bet you had the best time ever. But why were you having lunch in the river?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Diane! That truly must have been the holidays of a life time! Just amazing photos of those beautiful animals and the lunch in the river looks unforgetable! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures!
    The lunch in the river scares me a little bit...who knows what in there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your holiday looks truly amazing. What wonderful memories you've brought back with you. LOVE the idea of lunch in the river- wet bum and all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos Di and I'm loving the wet bum! Why were you having lunch in the middle of a river?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner literally in the river?! Well, I hope you didn't get nibbled! Really lovely photography, it looks like it was an amazing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your holiday looks amazing - really fab! Hope you get the blogging mojo back soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back my dear…..
    the wet bum picture begs the question: why? (not why the wet bum, that's clear, but why lunch in the middle of a river - you could have been eaten by a crocodile! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Sigh*, that does look rather idyllic, no wonder you don't want to get back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what an amazing holiday, an African safari would be amazing. You can keep the outdoor shower and toilet though, and dinner in the river...crocodiles, hippos, man eating fish etc!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Di - I love your photos. We eat in the river here too - dry bums are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does look like the trip of a lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an experience! I would be way to scared to do that sort of safari. Whilst it would be exciting I don't think my heart or brain could survive it! I sit in the shallows of the sea in my deck chair getting a wet bum on really hot days too.

    ReplyDelete