31 December 2014

Final finish of 2014

As my sailor's quilt heads off to it's new home, it's time to reveal the final finish of 2014.





I have made this quilt for my nephew's new baby due to arrive in February.  I don't know whether it's going to be a boy or a girl, and when I chose the fabric it seemed quite neutral, but now I think it looks very girly!   Especially with the butterfly fabric on the back!  Lets keep our fingers crossed!



I quilted it in a grid pattern as I have before, using a 40 weight Aurifil thread.

And of course , Ted had to have his usual photo, but it's pretty nippy out there, so he had his hood up!



Quilt details
Pattern:  Little Man from Camilla Roskelley's book Simplify
Main fabric:  September Blue from Susan Driscoll
Backing: Summer Garden by Makeower
Binding: Summer Garden
Quilted using Aurifil 40wt 2125

This is my final finish for 2014 and also my final claim for the Q4 FAL.

I hope you all have (or had) a wonderful New Years Eve, and all the best for 2015.  We're having a rare night out at a restaurant in Brno, a 7 course meal and wine tasting, with an overnight stay in a hotel.

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely quilt! I hope you enjoy that dinner, and all the best to you for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently babies can't tell colours for ages anyway, they'll never know ;o) Looks great, so they can just appreciate the shapes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a really lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete