I'm getting rather excited because my SIL, Bridget arrives tomorrow for a week of sewing. Well, nearly a week of sewing, although I suppose I'd better share her with Gordon a bit too! One of the projects we want to make progress on is the old Snowballs "Heirloom quilt". I think by the time she arrives with her blocks, we will have near on 40 of the, enough for two quilts very probably.
I've been sorting through them, dusting off the cobwebs, taking out papers, removing threads etc, but I've come across a little problem. Unfortunately, when Bridget printed out some of the templates, she didn't print them "actual size" so the blocks vary in size, and we are never going to be able to sew them together. I think the best bet will be to applique them on to a backing. But, never having done this before, I have a question. What do I do with all the little ears that stick out? Can anyone help me?
I'm linking up with Lee's WIP Wednesday, so here's my full list
- Stitch Tease 2 - half quilted but I daren't put my machine onto FMQ until after Bridget has gone, just in case the tension goes again!
- Love beads - all the diamonds made, and started to piece the top. Loving this one
- Scrappy quilt - about 500 2 1/2 in square cut - just another 300 to go!
- Euro Siblings together - top completed, waiting to be basted
- 2 Christmas cushions - front completed, waiting to be made up into cushions
- Tea cup quilt - no progress
- Flower girl quilt - waiting for bridget
Right now, I'd best get off and tidy the sewing room a bit to make room for an extra body!