02 January 2015

A fresh start

2015 marks a new phase of our lives.  We have now sold our company (well, I assume so as we haven't heard anything to the contrary from the solicitors!) so we are now free agents.  Gone is the responsibility attached to running your own business, the main thing being maintaining the jobs, and therefore livelihoods, of 18 people.

2014 went out with a bit of a fizzle, rather than a bang.  We never do anything on New Years Eve, and I always moan about it, so this year Gordon planned a nice meal and wine tasting in the big city (brno) and an overnight stop in a fancy hotel




 Long story short, Gordon fell over in the snow in the afternoon, could hardly walk and was in quite a bit of pain, and I made it through to the second course of an 8 course meal with a stinking headache, before feeling ill and not eating any more (The creamy chestnut soup was the killer!).  So we left before pud, and were in bed by 11:00!  I certainly got my money's worth from the bathroom, if not the bed!

New Years day was thus a quiet affair, spent in front of the fire in jim-jams, watching films and getting on with quilting my tea cups quilt.  I guess I've done about 2/3 of it, and my quilting has improved vastly from the start (around the cups) to the latter stages!   Although I still have issues with even stitch length and keeping a straight line.  Lets call it organic shall we?


We have been asked several times, what are we going to do with our extra time, now we are retired.  More sewing doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer for most people!  We have no specific plans, but I do intend to try and get a little fitter, and lose some of this weight that has appeared from nowhere these last few months.  And we will see what opportunities present themselves!  You never know, I might even blog a bit more often!

So, Happy 2015 to everyone - I hope it's good to you and that your wishes come true
xxx
  

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I'm sorry to hear your night away was not all you hoped. I am sure Gordon would like you to spend your retirement free time making him more cushions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame your NYE was not meant to be - I hope 2015 will be a wonderful free year for you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, more sewing sounds fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the hotel looks lovely! I hope he's recovering well. Congratulations on your retirement! For some reason I read that as 'fatter'!!! That would make a fun reitrement! ;) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL... it can only get better xx.. heres to 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers! And best of luck for 2015 and all your new exciting opportunities! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year! shame you spent it in the bathroom.... new years day in jammies sounds good. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well bugger on the NYE disaster, but let's hope 2015 goes much better! Would you like to come over and lose some of my weight too? I'll pay you in fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think there is too much pressure on Christmas & NYE to be "perfect" so it's bound to be wrong LOL. We were in bed by 10pm as I worked on NYD.
    I love the hand quilting, am aiming to do some myself this year. Just have to choose which quilt.
    So what did your factory produce?
    Cheers
    Lush

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Gordon has recovered from his fall. Maybe you'll have better luck next year. I had no great expectations this year and we had a wonderful time catching up with old friends whereas other years have been dire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I hope 2015 will be better to you than the end of 2014! Happy New Year to you, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are both feeling better now. Best wishes on your retirement.... You just know that you need a camper x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new year's eve sounds even worse than ours…..Homeland boxed set and in bed by 11…to be woken up by dear daughter ringing at midnight to wish us happy new year. Sorry to hear you have both been under the weather but hope you are perking up now. I totally understand more sewing - I'm right with you there! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the start of a new chapter in your lives! Hope you are both feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well enjoy a quiet retirement, if you're fulfilled without adding extra hobbies in the mix then that's great (more cash for fabric too)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a not very good end to last year but hopefully 2015 will be a great one for you with new beginnings to your new retired lifestyle. ❤️

    ReplyDelete