25 March 2015

Progress indeed

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I am so very, very close to finishing those ***** butterflies,  I just have the binding to sew down on one side on the seat pad, and the whole of the second quilt.


This is actually one of my favourite parts of quilting, so I'm relatively happy!
I tried to get a bit adventurous when I quilted the little table runner/mat that I made to go with the seat pads.  Overall, I'm very happy with it


I have been so focused on finishing the butterflies, that I have neglected my bee duties.  This month in the Stitchtease Bee belonged to Susan.  The brief for Susan was pretty open - a wonky log cabin style block with a fussy cut centre, and broken lines

And finally, I have joined in with the next round of Ali's ATC swap.  The theme this time is Home Sweet Home, and as you probably  know, my garden is very a big part of my life, so it had to be the star of my ATC.  Progress so far

It just has to be pimped up a bit now

This week I'm joining up with Lee's WIP Wednesday, and then folks, I'm off to try out a new sewing machine,  Watch this space!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are looking great and I do love those blocks for Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfies are so cute! You did a great job with quilting :). Also wonky log cabins are great, very modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some very nice wips. I love your fmqing in your butterflies. and I'm fancying your wonky log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garden is soooo cute. I love the ricrac, very clever!

    ReplyDelete