23 April 2015

A weekend away

This afternoon I shall be winging my way off to Geneva, to spend the weekend at The Patchwork in the Peaks retreat in Morzine, in France..  I've not been before, but I've heard great things about it, and now it's close, I'm getting really exited!

We are sewing this pattern in a class on Friday morning
Red-Yellow Swirls

and as curves are my nemesis, I'm hoping I'll get them beaten over the weekend.  Here's my pile of fabric


And a girl can't go away without a new bag, can she.


I used the Fairly Bucket Bag pattern from Sew Mama Sew.  It was very easy to make, with the exception of that little webbing stopper on the cord, which took me 4 goes to get right!  Gordon also helped me with the rivets.   He punched the holes in the fabric, rather than trying to make the holes with scissors, which made it neater and more accurate, and all together less stressful - a job is so much easier when you have the right tools. This bag was also on my list of finishes for the Q2 FAL finish.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

So, before I go, I'm just going to cut a few more strips to make some scrappy trip blocks, and hopefully get my Stitch Tease 3 quilt pieced whilst I'm there.  Well, I have a full luggage allowance (not flying ryanair this time) so I'm going to use it!

6 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend away! That curved block looks scary but beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will have so much fun. Give Helen a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things about living in Australia is that its impossible to just pop over to any of those wonderful European countries for a weekend. Im jealous! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful bag! I'm helping Adrianne with the FAL and I'm to also say that I am visiting as part of the FAL Cheerleading Team.

    ReplyDelete